Friday, February 24, 2006

Sometimes, it's the little things

I am kicking myself for not thinking of this sooner: Get a separate wallet pouch for storing affinity cards.

I had pretty much stopped taking advantage of store membership cards, purchase stamp/punch cards, store credit cards with discount offers, and whatnot because I can't keep track of them. I feel particularly silly for not thinking of this sooner because I already carry multiple wallets. I've always used two: one zip pouch for bills, coins and most-important plastic like my driver's license, primary credit card, and subway card; and a second zip pouch for the zillion other bits of plastic I have, like phone cards and little-used credit cards. Adding one more pouch for affinity cards seems a useful way to keep them accessible without further cluttering my primary wallet.

(Also, totally unrelated but too funny not to mention: "H&R Block gets its taxes wrong.")